1. NARITA EXPRESS : Narita to Tokyo station
2. SHINKANSEN : Tokyo station to Iiyama station
3. NOZAWA ONSEN LINER Bus : Iiyama station to Nozawa onsen
Catching the Shinkansen Train and Bus is the most common transport to Nozawa Onsen. From Narita Airport, catch the Narita Express (NEX) train to Tokyo Station (1 hour). There are frequent departures from the airport railway terminal.
Upon arrival at Tokyo Station take the escalators up and follow the green signs for the Shinkansen. The platform number for departure is usually about 20-23. Check Hyperdia for schedules. The Shinkansen from Tokyo station to Iiyama station takes about 2 hours.
The most economical way to cover the fares for the NEX and the Shinkansen is to purchase a JR East Pass.
For train travel from Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto or other parts of Japan, see Hyperdia for routes, schedules and fares.
* Japan Rail Pass http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/
* Hyperdia http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Taking the Nozawa onsen Liner bus at the Iiyama station to Nozawa onsen. The nearest bus stop to Kawaichiya ryokan is "Nozawa Onsen" which is last one, but the place of the last bus stop is different depending on the season. Taking 3 minutes walk to Kawaichiya ryokan anyway.
* Detail Onsen Town Map
* NOZAWA ONSEN LINER TIMETABLE Until Mar 16, 2018
* NOZAWA ONSEN LINER TIMETABLE from Mar 17．2018